SAP’s FIORI is now one of the most talked-about enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems available. And the reason for this is because SAP made the controversial decision to require its customers to move to FIORI by the year 2027, which places them in a challenging situation. Although SAP refers to FIORI as their “future-ready, intelligent ERP software,” the migration requires a full re-implementation. During this process, customers will lose all of the customizations they have made on SAP ECC and must redo all of them in the FIORI environment.
WHAT IS THE SAP FIORI PLATFORM?
The application known as Fiori is simplified and delivers a user experience based on a user’s role. This experience can be personalized across all lines of business, tasks, and devices. It encapsulates standard charges within tiles, such as viewing sales orders or approving timesheets. SAP developed the SAP Fiori User Experience (UX) in consideration of user-friendliness and ease of use based on feedback received from customers. Users can also work without needing access to a computer, thanks to the mobile deployment capabilities that the UX provides.
The SAP Graphical User Interface (GUI) and the SAP Fiori User Experience (UX) are fundamentally distinct. The previous graphical user interface (GUI) was cumbersome and challenging to learn or train on. On the other hand, SAP Fiori has the fluid movements and controls that you would anticipate from a mobile application. The interfaces are uncomplicated, modern, and user-customizable, and they do not include any of the extra tabs or fields present in the older UX.
The implementation of FIORI is a challenging procedure, and in many cases, it has failed; some of these failures have even resulted in litigation worth millions of dollars. Today, these FIORI errors are guaranteed to be remembered throughout history as the most epic ERP implementation failures that have ever occurred. During this digital transformation process, a lot of the past FIORI failures teach us a few things about what not to do. Looking at these failures, here are a few tips on how to avoid SAP FIORI implementation failures. Read on to know more:
- The adoption of FIORI can be a challenging and time-consuming process. It should be carefully documented, planned, quantified, understood, and eventually mitigated. If the company fails to do so, then it will be one of the primary reasons why their project would fail. This is also one of the primary reasons why risks will not be comprehended.
- The absence of adequate testing is another significant factor that can contribute to one of the biggest implementation failures. It is extremely important that one tests the implementation process thoroughly. This is because the process of implementation includes testing as an essential component.
- The Executive team is the group that bears the primary responsibility for ensuring that the digital transformation project is successful when it is being implemented. They are the ones who need to be driving the process, making sure that they bring in the appropriate consulting partner for this project and making sure that they move through each cycle of the implementation carefully. If the team fails to do so, then their project will lead down the path of failure.
- Training the people who will be using the product is an essential component of the process. If this is not done in the due time, there is a high probability that the workforce will refuse to use the new system, which will result in the digital transformation losing its intended goal.
- Make an informed decision about the implementation partner you will work with. Please verify that the system integrators you work with are experts in their field, have a complete understanding of the requirements your business imposes and can manage and customize your digital transformation so that it aligns with your corporate strategy.
- Harmonize technology with the overarching business strategy, and make sure that business process management is well thought out. Instead of technology driving business, it should be the other way around.
Highbar Technocrat is one of the leading end-to-end IT solution providers for the Infrastructure, EC&O, Real Estate, and Power sectors. They are SAP Gold partner and offer a wide bouquet of digitally integrated solutions ranging from implementing SAP-based ERP solutions like Rise with S/4HANA, Cloud-based solutions to 5D BIM for mega infra-projects, RPA & IoT solutions, and many more. With an in-depth understanding and core competence of the construction & infrastructure industry, Highbar is the perfect blend of domain knowledge in the infrastructure business with a team that is well equipped to understand and relate to the requirements of the sector.
To know more write us at email@example.com or call +91 89767 11399